The Barb (Limited Edition)
Limited Edition - Less than 25 Watches left.
With war on the horizon, a great demand arose for a watch that could withstand the difficult environment and demands of life beneath the surface.
Two submarine commanders approached a certain firm, and asked them to consider the construction of a special watch suitable for their work. It was explained that it must fulfill certain conditions.
(1) It must be water-tight; for even when a submarine is on the surface the deck is always more or less awash.
(2) It must be non-magnetic; for under water the submarine is driven by electricity, and in such a limited space watches made of magnetic materials are necessarily affected
(3) As, for the same reason, a compensation balance of the ordinary kind is impossible, the balance must be of some material which shows a minimum of expansion.
(4) The face must be quite legible at any time, able to be read in moonlight, twilight, or subdued artificial light.
These were the conditions for the very first submarine watch constructed.
In 1942, one of the greatest submarines was launched into service.
USS BARB (SS-220)
Commanded by Eugene Fluckey, Barb has one of the most impressive war records of WW2, receiving 4 Presidential Unit Citations, Navy Unit Commendation and Eight Battle Stars.
The Barb embodies excellence and Tenacity honors that excellence with it's next timepiece.
Inspired by the first submarine watch ever developed, The Barb honors the service and sacrifice of those who paved the way for all submariners today.
This a limited edition timepiece for the truest of submariners.
Tenacity is dedicated to serving people of excellence with excellence.
- Seiko VD78 Movement
- 44mm case
- Sapphire Glass
- 10ATM Water Resistance
- 316L Stainless Steel Case and Band
- Embossed Submarine Combat Patrol Insignia
Regular Orders: After you place your order with Tenacity Watches, we'll pack and ship your order within 1-2 business days. Our business days are Monday to Friday.
Pre Orders: We provide an estimate date of shipping on the product page, but that can vary based on a number of factors. We do try our best to ship as soon as possible.
We ship most orders using Insured Fedex Shipping. Some orders may be shipping via USPS/UPS if Fedex isn't available.
Average Transit Time: 2-5 days
If there are delays due to COVID or bad weather, please be patient. We will ensure you receive your product as soon as possible.
Made By Submariners
This watch was designed and brought to life by two passionate sailors who believe that the watch you wear doesn't just tell time - it tells who you are and what you stand for.
Every watch you buy supports a submariner in need. We proudly donate a portion of our sales to the Dolphin Scholarship Foundation and plan to organize special events for them in the future.